Today I Celebrate

Posted 9 October 2012 by

Today I turn 30.  And today I celebrate.

I celebrate who I am.  I celebrate who I was.  I celebrate who I will become.

My 20′s were a whirlwind.  A tornado of activities that life threw my way.

In my 20′s I….

Got married.

By the saving grace of God, fought for my marriage and won it back.

Gave birth to 5 of the most amazing, unique, and breathtaking children to walk this earth.

Experienced the overwhelming sadness that miscarriage brings.

Saw my grandparents experience heart attacks, strokes, and cancer and rejoiced when they beat every one.

Found out how strong I truly can be when I lean not on my abilities, but rely solely on God and what He provides.

Became more aware of who I am and who God created me to be.  I am confident, I am happy, I am blessed.

So, what will my 30′s bring?  Only God knows.  But I step into this new chapter of my life knowing that I have faced the storms and God was faithful and stood by my side.  In the good and the bad, He was there.

Today I celebrate.  I celebrate that God gave me life.  He gave me a beautiful life.  He gave me the opportunities and the freedom to bring beauty to other people’s lives.  So today I celebrate.  I celebrate God and who He is, what He’s done, and what He’s going to do.

Will you celebrate with me?

Email this post Email this post

Post Details

7 Responses to Today I Celebrate

1. Samantha says:

A very happy birthday to you. I have only recently discovered your blog but you seem to be an inspirational lady

2. AussieGirl says:

Happy birthday!

3. Stephen says:

May He richly bless you with the awesomest birthday so far,my friend-Happy Birthday!

4. scrapgma says:

I’m celebrating with you!! I have not been on FB for several days (and won’t return to it until November 7) so I didn’t realize until this evening that it was your B-Day. Happy, happy rest of the day to you, Sweet One. Praying this next decade finds you excited about all the good things God will be bringing into your life…

5. Apple says:

I came accross your blog earlier this week at missminimalist. What can I say? Reading your blog makes you older than 30…in a good way. You are so mature for your age! Well done! and Happy birthday!

(a nearly 40 year old)

6. Joanna says:

I love you and celebrate your birthday every year! Just wish I was with you! Reading about your twenties gave me chills. Excited to see what’s in store for your 30′s, it’s going to be bright and beautiful.